Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day20: Arcahueja to Leon (Thur 14th Oct)






SO I woke up and had survived the yuck day and the "Camino bug" either from the water or something in food - unsure but 3 others I know also had it over the previous 4 days.

So today is a short day of only 10km into Leon - although most days walking into a large city its a tedious walk and all through the whole city! It was FREEZING starting off and likely a -C temp and the fingers and lips and ears were  not happy - despite the sun being out and a blue sky, the air was so cold and a slight wind and even 3hrs later arriving into the centre near the Cathedral it was still cold. We are changing areas and getting closer to Galicia region!

The walk was mostly through the industrial area and felt a long and tiring 10km in traffic and busy roads.

But once arriving and getting rid of packs and showering - lunch! A perfect cafe in the sun ;-) I´m still feeling slightly off colour and am careful what I´m eating N drinking.  After lunch and a bit of necessity shopping I find an internet cafe and spend 1.5hrs starting the update of this blog - pics take so long to upload.  I bump into several others I know and so its a catch up again. Walking the city and taking pics and exploring was what I had planned, but having been ill, sleeping and resting was more the order of the day, so sleep and rest it was. 

7pm rolls around and I decide it´s time to explore, finish off the shopping I needed to do and another 1hr at the internet cafe before braving food for dinner. A small little restaurant near the Cathedral was perfect and a toast to my brothers birthday.  Leon is a beautiful city, I like it more than Burgos.

Leon....ahh beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. hello to you, fine to read every day how is your way, i like to remember like it's my own one. today i start my camino to the basilik of san antonio in padove. see you on the way :)

    ReplyDelete