Monday, October 18, 2010

Day21: Leon to La Virgen del Camino (Fri 15th Oct)




A lazy start as I´m only walking about 9km to La Virgen this afternoon - its part of my rest day strategy without actually having an entire day of rest....so I want to cruise around more of Leon, its such a beautiful city and in the morning its so much more quiet....I have to find another card for my camera ;-) anyone would think I like taking photos!!!!

I find a warm cafe bar for brekky - COFFEE and bread and juice and people watch.  Its quite chilly yet again.  I´m once again on my own, as all the walking companions of days gone by have either all gone on further or departed in Leon as they weren´t able to do the entire Camino due to work commitments etc.  But living in Europe you have much quicker access to come back to finish something like this, however, my view is that doing it in its entirety in one foul swoop has more appeal and I feel very fortunate that I´m able to do so and that my fabulous Manager has allowed me to do this (Paul, thank you so much).

The sad thing for me in Leon is not being able to do the "girly" thing...go SHOPPING! lol I mean real shopping, not shopping for trekking socks or mini shampoo!

I finally drag myself away from Leon around 3pm after my last stint in the internet cafe and very happy with having updated my blog and facebook and the pics.

The stretch to La Virgen is much more horrible than I realised, I know it said "industrial" but wasn´t quite expecting this, HOWEVER it is what it is and I arrive at 5pm to a really lovely Alburgue with great facilities.  I meet up with 2 sisters doing the Camino who I first met back in Villamayor Monjardin and was nice to catch up on their progress and we go find dinner together.  An early night for me as its another big day after 2 short days.

LEON I will come back to visit you!

No comments:

Post a Comment