Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day17: Villalcazar to Terradillos de los Templarios (Mon 11th Oct)





So today is yet another cracker....off to Carrion de los Condes for coffee then onto Terradillos de los Templarios to finish a BIG day as not much in between to sleep at so a tortoise day - long N slow - 35km! More rain coming...sooooo fekin over the severely sore feet - it is so draining and has been a constant now for 10 days and had a few days of minimal relief...now its horrendous again and I'm just over it!

I heard something today, that wasn't in ANY of the books...."There is very little value in training for hours with ur backpack prior to walking the entire Camino in one hit...what u need to do is for someone to bash the crap out of ur feet with a meat tenderising mallet for 4hrs every day AND then u may be ready for the Camino"!!! How SO SO true....painful is an understatement and I can't explain the pain!

Finally arrived in  Terradillos - 10hrs and 34km - an ugly 18km bland section of nada and nowhere to stop and feet wanting to give up on me!! Was a mentally tough day. After dragging my feet the last 4km and getting the LAST bed it was nice to know I was sharing a dorm with 4 men and just me! hehe the miracle of that is NOT ONE of them snored...total miracle! Was a great night as a lot of people had chosen to stop here for a short day and some as a long day therefore all meeting up again, was like a mini reunion and a fun night.

I´m now officially passed the halfway mark - what an incredible 17 days so far - it feels so long ago since day 1....so much pain, so many amazing people, so many pics I've taken (8GB), so many stories AND many more of all to come, less pain would be good!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment