Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day18: Terradillos to El Burgo Ranero (Tue 12th Oct)








Off to El Burgo Ranero (the Burger) 31km. A slow start 8am but a beautiful sunrise and lots of other lovely little things to take pics of makes the morning a much better one.

Am walking solo this morning and looking forward to coffee in Sahagun as will be the only place for that today as it´s a public holiday today and nothing is open - NADA!! However I find a little pokey place in San Nicholas and glad of the break and take off the boots for a foot airing - this will another big day and not sure how many more I can do and thankful Leon is only another day away for a mini rest. I´ve taken the gel insoles out from the boots and ditched them in disgust - they actually made my feet worse until I was almost unable to walk at all...had a 45min break after taking them out and finished the afternoon still in pain but with much more ease!!! I actually did that 2 days ago - just forgot to mention it!

Short break in Sahagun and continued on until Bercianos where I seriously needed a 45min break and foot airing etc. Met up with some of the "ratpack" as I was about to pack up and continue on so had a longer break and walked into El Burgo with Rocky & Gabriel....we waltzed into town at 6.45pm (11hrs) and looked like something from a Clint Eastwood movie in the outback "the 3 amigos"....pain pain and long!

Another great night and a catchup with others once again and an early night - had a sleeping screamer in our dorm....luckily he had warned us...doesn´t help though!!! LOL ahhhh Simon we love you!!

1 comment:

  1. I finished my Camino on Oct 2nd and am still walking on air! It was the best thing I have ever done! Your blog is wonderful. Mine is very simple but means a lot to me. It is www.mariescamino.blogspot.com. I was not as detailed as you are because I was too tired at night to write anything! I am 66 and did it by myself but not alone! Because I have had 2 back surgeries as well as a knee surgery 3 months before I began on Aug. 28th, I was afraid that I would not be able to walk fast enought to get a bed at the alberques so I booked little 2 star hotels the whole way and was thankful that I did not have to rush. I walked every mile and after I lost 4 toenails I began walking in my Keen sandals and had no more problems with my feet.
    I will think of you as you get to the wonderful city of Santiago. Marie Edwards

    ReplyDelete