Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 11: Vilamayor del Rio to Villafranca Montes de Oca




I started up early and on the road by 7.30am - walked thru Belorado, Tosantos, Villambistia on to Villafranca de Montes de Oca - after the painfully long day yesterday it was a be kind to me day and only doing a short day!

Bumped into the Aussies again, Alison & Mario along with Ana the Polish girl and we all walked from Villambistia to Villafranca where I stopped and they went onto San Juan. Always great to bump into familiar faces again - Mario also has serious issues with his feet - I feel his pain!

17km today. The Alburgue here is AWESOME and part of the 4* Hotel but still an Alburgue and only €8 per night and a great menu for Pilgrims €12 and served in the hotel dining room - only 4 people in this Alburgue so far - PERFECTO. My foot is currently strapped to the hilt by the Dr here at the Hotel - pain, pain and endless pain only to find that there is a serious "internal" blister the size of €2 coin and it will eventually work itself out but the Dr didnt like it and also said my foot is too swollen, the ball of my foot looks mangled and and and....but only 2 weeny blisters both on the bottom of each little toe, which I get when doing a lot of running, so not a surprise for me - the Dr is free service to Pilgrims & he said to be careful of the feet!!!A relaxing afternoon, time to do washing (it is SO needed) not that there is much....but its needed as you don´t always have time at the end of the day for it to dry - I am getting used to a different fragrance from Chanel!! ;-) relaxed....sun and wine....and puffer fish feet....YEAH! lol




Met more amazing people at dinner, an older chap from Canada who had just completed the Meseta section, which he hadn´t had time to do last year - it never ceases to amaze me the types of people, the ages of people that are all tackling the Camino - either in it´s entirely or in sections. Also met a lady from Colorado who at dinner asked my if I was on any of the Camino forums...I said yes and she realised that it was me that she has communicated with several times on discussions prior to starting - the Camino is an amazing place with amazing coincidences!

No comments:

Post a Comment